Consider our guest and their steps in building a podcast relying on a PLN. Can your PLN be used to help professional development post-course? If yes, how? If no, what limitations exist?

In my perspective, PLN can be used to help our professional development post-course. Because PLN is a platform that allows people to share their opinion. I always want to build a PLN about solving the economic problems we have after we had the class. For instance, there was an app in China called Tieba. The format o Tieba has similarities with PLN. The threshold for creating a group in Tieba is low, but if you are the creator, you can raise the threshold for other members who want to join the group.

Can your PLN be relied on to open professional opportunities?

As I said in the previous question, if I were to use this app to find a job, I think it is less likely. Because the low threshold suggests that there are all kinds of people, even scammers. Even if someone offers a job here, you don’t even necessarily believe it’s real.

reference:

A Global PLN – Supporting One Another – Course YouTube Channel

Social Media and Emerging Economies Technological, Cultural and Economic Implications – Chapter 5- From Information Society to Network Society: The Challenge https://link-springer-com.ezproxy.library.uvic.ca/book/10.1007%2F978-3-319-02490-5